Thursday, August 12, 2021

Fright Night

 Halloween will be here before we know it and this adorable witch and her friends are in the early stages of planning their scary night. We went trick or treating when we were kids and for me it was always fun to raid my dad's closet to see what I could put together for a costume. 

My dad was a mechanic so that one was easy - I just grabbed a pair of his dirty coveralls, put a bit of black face paint smears on my face and I was done. 

Meet "Witchy & Friends" from the Happy Halloween/Fall release at High Hopes Rubber Stamps. Personally, I think this group is too cute to be scary!


After stamping this cute group with Memento Tuxedo Black ink, I coloured them with Copic markers and hand fussy cut them leaving a thin white edge. I set them aside and cut my card base (4.5"w x 5.5"h finished size). Next I found some patterned paper from an old We R Memory Keepers pad and cut the pieces to size. 
I stamped the sentiment, cut it with a fishtail banner and added it to some black card stock. I don't have the correct size of banner die for the card stock piece so I traced the outside of the banner die and cut it out. 
Some die cut bats were added just for fun, and when I went to add black enamel dots I didn't have any in the size I wanted so I added some black eyelets instead. Boy it has been awhile since I used eyelets! 

Card Recipe 

Stamp: Witchy & Friends  - High Hopes Rubber Stamps

Sentiment: Take Flight - High Hopes Rubber Stamps

Patterned Paper - Spookville - We R Memory Keepers


Tuxedo Black Memento ink, Hammermill 100lb digital cover stock, fish tail banner die - YNS, bat die - YNS, eyelets


 Copic Markers:

Cat, Spider, Bat - N4 N5 N8 N10 

Skin- E00 E21 E11 E04

Pumpkin - Y38 YR16 YR18

Hat, Boots, Cape -V22 V25 V17 N5

Outfit - Y21 Y35 Y38 YG11 YG13 YG17 BV00 BV11 V17

Broom - Y11 Y15 Y26 E35 E35 E29

Ghost - N1

Hair - YG05 YG07 YG17




Thanks for stopping by! Have a super fantastic day!





No comments: