Thursday, August 19, 2021

Chillin' Tommy Thanksgiving

 Am I the only one who looks like Chillin' Tommy Turkey after a Thanksgiving dinner?!? Okay I WANT to be like him but I host my family for Thanksgiving and I think it may be frowned upon if the hostess would curl up and have a nap...no? I am blessed to do the dinner and I love having my family over. There is always lots of good food and some friendly banter with my brother and nephew just to keep things spicy. 

"Chillin' Tommy Turkey" from the Happy Halloween/Fall release at High Hopes Rubber Stamps is perfect for my Thanksgiving cards for family and friends. He actually reminds me of my brother who is the one who does! take a nap after dinner.....



                                                                                         

                 I stamped Tommy on some Hammermill card stock and coloured him with Copic markers. Next I hand fussy cut him leaving a thin white edge. I cut a circle out using a pleated lace die and a circle die to put him on. Patterned paper from the Hello Fall pad by Carta Bella was the perfect backdrop for my design. A fish tail banner was used to cut out the banner in patterened paper and I traced the outside edge of the die and cut it for the card stock behind it. 

After gluing down the paper layers I added Tommy using foam pop dots. I added some falling leaves around him and rolled them with a pen to add a bit of curl and movement to my design. Some ribbon and enamel dots finish off my card. 

Card Recipe 

Stamp: Chillin' Tommy Turkey  - High Hopes Rubber Stamps

Patterned Paper - Hello Fall - Carta Bella 


Tuxedo Black Memento ink, Hammermill 100lb digital cover stock, fish tail banner die - YNS, ribbon - Stampin' Up, pleated lace circle die - Gina Marie Designs, foam pop dots, circle die - Spellbinders, enamel dots, leaf die - YNS


 Copic Markers:

Beak and Feet - Y11 Y15 Y17 YR04

Body - E15 E17 E19 E18 R14 R24 R27 R39

Hat - N4 N5 N8 N10 Y221 Y35 Y38 

Sign - W0 W1 W2 E23 E25 E27

Pumpkins - Y39 YR16 YR18 YG01 YG03 YG17



Thanks for stopping by! Have a super fantastic day!












No comments: