Thursday, February 10, 2022

I Run On Coffee

  February is the month of love so I am celebrating something I love....Coffee!!! Anyone who knows me knows how much I love my coffee - especially the first one in the morning. I love to have some quiet time and enjoy a fresh cup to start my day because.....I run on coffee!

"Coffee Bean" from High Hopes Rubber Stamps is my kind of guy <smile> I mean why have a cup when you can have a whole pot!?! When I worked in the restaurant industry and worked long hours I actually had a pot on the go all the time with my name on it - literally! Yes I did drink way too much coffee back then but hey, it got me through the day! 



After stamping this cutie on alcohol marker friendly paper, I coloured him with Copic markers, hand fussy cut him and ran a black marker around the edge to get any white I had missed. Patterned paper from The Perfect Blend pad from Your Next Stamp was the perfect match. I cut card stock and my base piece to fit the 4" x 5" finished card size and added a 1" high piece of plaid paper to the top. I set them aside and found the take out cup die in my stash. 

This die has been in my possession for years but this is the first time I have used it - gasp! Every time I do a coffee themed card I remember after I have done the card I have it ...sigh... but it was happy to see some love for this card. The next step was to lay the cup and stamp together on my base to see what size I wanted the paper pieces underneath them to be. Once I had that figured out I cut them and mounted the plaid paper to matching card stock. Next, I stamped the sentiment, mounted it on card stock and tucked it up under the plaid piece of paper, added the piece of card stock behind and glued everything down. Twine across the top, a few die cut hearts and some enamel dots finish off my card. 



Card Recipe 

Stamp: Coffee Bean (SLF021) - High Hopes Rubber Stamps

Sentiment - Run On Coffee (FLL017- High Hopes Rubber Stamps

Patterned Paper: The Perfect Blend - Your Next Stamp


Tuxedo Black Memento ink, Hammermill 100lb digital cover stock, Coffee Cup die - Impression Obsession, heart die - Your Next Stamp, enamel dots, twine


 Copic Markers:

Skin - E00 E21 E11 

Coffee/Beans - E23 E25 E27

Coffee Pot - C1 C2 N4 N5 N8

Bag - E30 E31 E43 E27

Shoes - C1 C2 C4 C5

Beard - C1 C2

Clothes/Hat - BG13 BG18 BG09 BG11 BG32 BG13



Thanks for stopping by! Have a super fantastic day!




No comments: