Tuesday, February 8, 2022

Itty Bitty Heart!!

It’s Wednesday, and this week, I made a CAS card using High Hopes Rubber Stamps Sweetheart Gnome - SLF012  for the main image. I just love this sweet little gnome image as you can change the sentiments that she is holding onto. On this card, I chose to add a heart as I thought it would go great with the sentiment Itty Bitty Heart - H006.

To make my card this week, I began with a card base of Hammermill - Premium Colour 100 lb. cardstock, cut and scored to be 5.5" x 4.25". For the background, I used my Cuttlebug, Scrapbook.com - Brights Smooth Cardstock and the embossing folder called Cuttlebug - Thank You. After putting this paper through my Cuttlebug, I saw that the texture was white on some of the letters. I decided to take some more of the background colour off using 3M 405N Tri-M-Ite sanding paper. I just loved the rustic effect it gave. With my MISTI and Memento - Tuxedo Black ink, I stamped the image and sentiment onto Copic Marker X-Press It Blending Card cardstock. The image was coloured in and fussy cut. A cutter was used to go around the sentiment. 3/8" We R Memory Keepers Corner Chomper was used to create the rounded corners. I inked around all of the edges of the sentiment with Tim Holtz Distress Ink - Barn Door.

To assemble the card, I attached the embossed background directly to the base using double-sided tape. The sentiment and image were both popped up onto the card using U-Line double-sided tape to complete the card.

Card Recipe:

Stamp: Sweetheart Gnome - SLF012 (High Hopes Rubber Stamps)

Sentiment: Itty Bitty Heart - H006 (High Hopes Rubber Stamps)

Inks: Memento - Tuxedo Black, Tim Holtz Distress Ink - Barn Door

Paper: Copic Marker X-Press It Blending Card, Hammermill - Premium Colour 100 lb., Scrapbook.com - Brights Smooth Cardstock (4.25" x 5.5")

Die Cuts: Lawn Fawn - Valentine's Hearts Border (Heart for message)

Embossing Folder: Cuttlebug - Thank You

Tools: MISTI - Most Incredible Stamping Tool, U-Line double-sided tape, Cuttlebug

Image coloured with Copic Markers:

Skin: E21, E11, E00, E000, R30, R20

Hair: E18, E08, YR18, YR14

Clothing and Hat: BG72, BG57, BG32, BG11, BG09, BG05, BG02, BG01, R46, R14, R08

Message with Heart: E50, E41, YR30

Shadow: C3, C2, C1

Hope you like it and have a fantastic week!

You can find lots of inspiration from the Design Team Divas at the High Hopes blog, and the High Hopes Rubber Stamps Facebook Fan page plus you can also follow us on
Instagram, Twitter and Pinterest.

No comments: