Thursday, February 3, 2022

Your Best Miles

  I double challenged myself for this weeks card. I need some masculine themed Birthday cards for my stash, I have lots of nephews! ... so I challenged myself to not only add to my stash with a masculine card but I also wanted to use an embossing folder - they haven't seen much love lately. 

I find masculine cards a challenge. I like to add ribbon and bling and, and, and to my cards, not things that are usually used on a masculine card. Thankfully, my stash of stamps from High Hopes includes some transportation themed stamps.  My nephews are at the car buying, driving stage for the most part so cars are cool and I will have lots of stamps to use for their cards - phew! 

I also have a few men in my life who love to ride so "Motorcycle Bob" is perfect for a Birthday card for one of them and the stamp I chose for this weeks card.


I stamped Bob, coloured him with Copic markers and hand fussy cut him leaving a thin white edge. I had some denim paper in my stash but thought it was kind of plain when I put it together with the concrete type texture on my second piece of patterned paper so I used a steam punk embossing folder on it to give it some gears, texture and personality. Second challenge - to use an embossing folder - complete! 
 The denim paper is quite thin so there is a few "white" spots in the embossing but I decided to use it anyway as it gives it kind of distressed look. 
I cut my card base to be 4.5"w x 5.5"h and added the denim paper to it along with some dark blue card stock. Next I cut a house and tree using a die. The die cut wasn't wide enough to cover my concrete piece of paper so I cut it just before the tree. I set the split die to the edges of the paper and strategically placed Bob on top to create my scene. 
Next I stamped my sentiments. The Happy Birthday is actually part of a larger stamp that I masked off to get the two words I wanted. I cut them both out, mounted them on matching card stock and glued them down. Some twine and enamel dots finish off my card. 

Card Recipe 

Stamp: Motorcycle Bob (SS526) - High Hopes Rubber Stamps

Sentiment - Best Miles (GG041), Transmitting Birthday Wishes (F246) - High Hopes Rubber Stamps

Patterned Paper: Denim - stash, Autumn Afternoon - Honey Bee Stamps 


Tuxedo Black Memento ink, Hammermill 100lb digital cover stock, rectangle die - Kat Scrappiness, twine, enamel dots, Cute Home On A Hill die - Your Next Stamp, steam punk embossing folder - Darice 


 Copic Markers:

Skin - E00 E21 E11 E04

Tire/Hat/Jacket - N5 N6 N10

Bike/Shirt/Hat Band - Y38 YR16 YR18

Mirror/Handle Bars - C1 C2 C3 C5 

Hair - E33 E35 E57

Lights - Y00 Y11 Y13

Smoke Puffs - W2



Thanks for stopping by! Have a super fantastic day!