Wednesday, February 2, 2022

Toad-ally In Love!!

It’s Wednesday, and this week, I made a card using High Hopes Rubber Stamps Toad-ally In Love - M127  for the image and sentiment. I toad-ally love this sweet image because it can be used for both Valentine's Day, an Anniversary or just to let someone know that you love them.

To make my card this week, I began with a card base of Hammermill - Premium Colour 100 lb. cardstock, cut and scored to be 5" x 5". I used Picket Fence - Blending Brushes, Tim Holtz Distress Ink: Mowed Lawn, Crushed Olive, Peeled Paint, Festive Berries, Fired Brick and Barn Door and Lawn Fawn - Lots of Hearts Background Stencils to create my card background. Using Lawn Fawn - Valentine's Hearts Border and my Cuttlebug, I die cut some Craft Smith - Hot Buy - Green and Forever In Time - Texture Rouge cardstock and adhered the 2 pieces together with some glue. I did this twice and then glued the 2 finished pieces to the base card. With my MISTI and Memento - Tuxedo Black ink, I stamped the image onto the Copic Marker X-Press It Blending Card cardstock. I then die cut it using Sizzix Framelets by Stephanie Barnard - 562676 - Hearts Dotted. The image was coloured in and popped up onto the background using U-line douhble-sided tape. I applied some glue onto the backs of 3 of the pre-cut hearts and placed them onto the base background to complete the card.

Card Recipe:

Stamp and Sentiment: Toad-ally In Love - M127 (High Hopes Rubber Stamps)

Inks: Memento - Tuxedo Black, Tim Holtz Distress Ink: Mowed Lawn, Crushed Olive, Peeled Paint, Festive Berries, Fired Brick and Barn Door

Paper: Copic Marker X-Press It Blending Card, Hammermill - Premium Colour 100 lb., Craft Smith - Hot Buy - Green, Forever In Time - Texture Rouge

Die Cuts: Sizzix Framelets by Stephanie Barnard - 562676 - Hearts Dotted, Lawn Fawn - Valentine's Hearts Border

Stencils: Lawn Fawn - Lots of Hearts Background Stencils

Tools: MISTI - Most Incredible Stamping Tool, U-Line double-sided tape, Cuttlebug

Image coloured with Copic Markers:

Toad: YG17, YG06, YG03, YG00, E81, R30, BG99, E84, E81Colorless Blender (Eyes - Sakura Glaze - Black, Gelly Roll Sakura #5 Pen)

Hearts: R46, R14, R08, YG17, YG06, YG03

Big Heart Background: R27, R24, R22, R21, R20, (C3, C2, E23 - Shadow under Toad)

Hope you like it and have a fantastic week!

You can find lots of inspiration from the Design Team Divas at the High Hopes blog, and the High Hopes Rubber Stamps Facebook Fan page plus you can also follow us on
Instagram, Twitter and Pinterest.



No comments: