Thursday, February 24, 2022

Snow Friends

 Last week we saw everything from freezing temperatures to mild and above freezing - it has been a weird mix! On Saturday when I ventured in to my craft room to make a card I couldn't decide what stamp I wanted to use. However, I woke up to a blizzard warning and crazy winds and snow.......so I decided one more card with a snowman using "Snow Friends" from High Hopes Rubber Stamps would be more than appropriate. 


We got a large dumping of snow and the wind blew that snow into our driveway - up to my knee in most places. My hubby used the snow blower to clean it up the next day and he always does most of our neighbours driveways as well. He is a good guy and a good "snow" friend to the young people who live on our street. I made this card with him in mind because I am sure all the neighbours appreciate not having to shovel!



After stamping this cute snowman and bird friend on alcohol marker friendly paper I coloured it with Copic markers and cut it out using a circle die. I cut the bottom of it off to form more of a half circle for my design. Patterned paper from Recollections was a perfect snowy match. I cut the pieces to fit and added the stamped image after I added some matching card stock. 
I added my patterned paper layers, stamped the sentiment and cut it out using a fish tail banner die. Some die cut snowflakes, ribbon and enamel dots finish off my card. 

Card Recipe 

Stamp: Snow Friends (TDG015) - High Hopes Rubber Stamps

Sentiment - Being A Friend (FDG018- High Hopes Rubber Stamps

Patterned Paper: Northern Lights - Recollections


Tuxedo Black Memento ink, Hammermill 100lb digital cover stock, fish tail banner die - Your Next Stamp, circle die - Kat Scrappiness, ribbon, enamel dots, snowflake die - Sizzix


 Copic Markers:

Hat/Boots - T4 T6 T8

Trees - G85 G94 G99

Bird - Y11 B01 B04 B06

Scarf - V05 V06 V09 BG32 BG15 BG49

Coat -BG32 BG15 BG49

Nose - YR21 Y35 Y38

Buckle - Y11 Y15 YR23 Y26

Fence - E44 E47 E49


Thanks for stopping by! Have a super fantastic day!



No comments: