Wednesday, July 7, 2021

Happy Xmas Couple!!!

 It’s Wednesday, and this week, I made a card using Happy Together - TT007 by High Hopes Rubber Stamps for the main image and Holiday All Year - H200 (High Hopes Rubber Stamps) for the sentiment. This month High Hopes Rubber Stamps is celebrating Christmas in July! Have you started your Christmas cards yet for this year?



To make my card this week, I began with a card base made from AC White Cardstock cut and scored to be 6" x 6". I inked around the edges of American Crafts - "Holiday" paper cut to the same size with Sharpie - Gold Medium Point - Water Based Paint. Then I applied it directly to the base card with double-sided tape. The larger oval was die cut using my Cuttlebug, Forever In Time - Texture Rouge paper and Gina Marie Designs - Big and Little Pierced Chain Oval Layered Dies. Using VersaMark ink, I inked around all of the edges of the oval and then applied Stampendous Stamp-n Stuff - Gold Tinsel and heat embossed it with Marvy Uchida - Embossing Heat Tool. This was then applied directly to the base card using Forever In Time - Double-sided foam tape. I die cut the Copic Marker X-Press It Blending Card paper using oval dies from the same set and Whimsy Stamps - Bookmark and Tags Die Set was used to die cut Lawn Fawn - Watercolor Wishes Rainbow paper.

The image was stamped using my MISTI and Memento - Tuxedo Black ink onto the smaller oval. I coloured in the image with Copic markers. The sentiment is actually 2 lines, but I wanted it to fit inside the gift die, so I used Scotch tape to mask off the words I didn't want to show each time. I used my MISTI to do the stamping and Versa Fine - Onyx Black and Ranger - Clear Super Fine Detail embossing powder to emboss it. I used my Marvy Uchida - Embossing Heat Tool to emboss the powder. I cleaned off the stamp and then repositioned it again, repeating the previous steps. I did this 4 times. To finish off the sentiment give box, I applied some VersaMark ink to the bow and around all of the edges of the die cut. Next, I added Stampendous Stamp-n Stuff - Gold Tinsel embossing powder and heat embossed everything using my heating tool.

To assemble the card, I added 3M VHB - 2 sided tape to the back of the coloured image and Forever In Time - Double-sided foam tape to the back of the sentiment and applied them both to the card. To finish everything off and give it a little bit of sparkle, I added some dots on the holly using Stickles - Xmas Red.

Card Recipe:

Stamp: Happy Together - TT007 (High Hopes Rubber Stamps)

Sentiment: Holiday All Year - H200 (High Hopes Rubber Stamps)

Inks: Memento - Tuxedo Black, VersaMark, Versa Fine - Onyx Black

Paper: Copic Marker X-Press It Blending Card,  Forever In Time - Texture Rouge, American Crafts - "Holiday" - 6" x 6" paper pad, Lawn Fawn - Watercolor Wishes Rainbow - 6" x 6"

Die Cuts: Gina Marie Designs - Big and Little Pierced Chain Oval Layered Dies, Whimsy Stamps - Bookmark and Tags Die Set

Embossing Powder: Stampendous Stamp-n Stuff - Gold Tinsel, Ranger - Clear Super Fine Detail

Tools: MISTI - Most Incredible Stamping Tool, 3M VHB - 2 sided tape, Sharpie - Gold Medium Point - Water Based Paint, Forever In Time - Double-sided foam tape, Stickles - Xmas Red

Image coloured with Copic Markers:

Skin: E21, E11, E00, E000, R30, R20

Hair: E47, E44, E43, E40, E15, Y38, Y21, YR23, E29, E25, E23, E21

Dress and Ribbon: R39, R37, R35, C1

Vest, Holly, Flower Wrap: G46, G28, G24

Pants: C9, C7, C5

Shoes: 100, C7, C5, C3

Flowers: R39, R37, R35, R24, C1

Background: G02, G00, G000, G0000

Hope you like it and have a fantastic week!

You can find lots of inspiration from the Design Team Divas at the High Hopes blog, and the High Hopes Rubber Stamps Facebook Fan page plus you can also follow us on
Instagram, Twitter and Pinterest.



No comments: