Thursday, July 29, 2021

Holiday Cheer

 I can't believe we are at the end of July already!  I have had so much fun playing with the Christmas in July release I am sad to see the month end! 

For me, one of the best things about making cards is personalizing the stamps I use to the person receiving the card. It is no different at Christmas time and one of the greatest gifts I receive is not only spending time with family and friends, but I to see the smiles when they open the cards I have made just for them. 

As I have mentioned before, I have a lot of people in my life who love penguins so of course I had to play with "Penguin Present" from High Hopes. He is adorable! and I think he would be perfect for a Happy New Year or winter Birthday card too! 




After stamping my image with Memento Tuxedo black ink I coloured him with Copic markers and cut him out using a cross stitch square die. I love a little bit of bling on my cards - especially Christmas cards - so I added some gold glitter Nuvo drops to the tissue paper around him. Patterned paper from the A Cozy Christmas collection from Echo Park was perfect for my design. I used a stitched tag die to cut out the of patterned paper to go behind him to add a bit of interest to the design. 

For the sentiment, I masked off the bottom portion of a larger sentiment and just used the first line. I love when I can make my purchases go further with a bit of masking. A bow, evergreen branch die cuts and enamel dots finish off my card. 


Card Recipe 

Stamp: Penguin Present - High Hopes Rubber Stamps

Sentiment: Holiday All Year - High Hopes Rubber Stamps

Patterned Paper - A Cozy Christmas - Echo Park


Tuxedo Black Memento ink, Hammermill 100lb digital cover stock, cross stitch square die - Gina Marie Designs, stitched tag die - Tutti Designs, evergreen branches - Tim Holtz, enamel dots, Honey Gold Nuvo Glitter Drops, ribbon


 Copic Markers:

Penguin - N4 N5 N8 N10

Beak and Feet -Y11 Y15 Y17

Box, Hat, Ornament - R39 R59 V09

Present - G17 G28 B39 E30 E31 E43




Thanks for stopping by! Have a super fantastic day!





No comments: