Thursday, July 8, 2021

Penguin Merry Christmas

  It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas........on my blog and in my craft space anyway! Where I live we are in the throws of summer heat and humidity so doing Christmas cards in July definitely helps cool things down in my space.

I have a number of people in my life who love penguins so the re-release of "Penguin On Ice" in the Christmas in July release was perfect timing for my Christmas card making adventures. I definitely see more of this cutie in my card making future. Without further ado......meet Penguin On Ice from High Hopes Rubber Stamps!


I stamped this cutie and coloured him with Copic markers and added some Stickles to his hat. I have recently switched to Copics so I am having fun learning colour combos and just having fun colouring over all. 
After I finished the colouring, I cut out the image using a slash stitched round square die. I chose patterned paper from Echo Park and planned and cut each layer. I added some die cut icicles to the layers to keep the theme of the stamp as he is sitting on an ice pad. 
A tiny bow and the sentiment finish off my card. 

Card Recipe 

Stamp: Penguin On Ice - High Hopes Rubber Stamps

Sentiment: Scripty Merry Christmas - High Hopes Rubber Stamps

Patterned Paper - My Favorite Winter - Echo Park 


Tuxedo Black Memento ink, Hammermill 100lb digital cover stock, slash stitched round square die - Gina Marie Designs, ribbon, icicle border - Impression Obsession, Diamond Stickles 


 Copic Markers:

Penguin - N4 N5 N8 N10

Beak - Y11 Y15 Y17

Ice - B000 B00 B01 B02

Holly Branches - G05 G07 G28 R24 R27 R39 R59

Hat and Scarf - B32 B34 B37 B39

Belly - C00 C01 C02



Thanks for stopping by! Have a super fantastic day!





No comments: