Thursday, January 26, 2023

Birthday Willow

 This year I have given myself a challenge. Okay, full disclosure - I give myself this challenge every year and I have yet to meet the challenge but I am determined this is the year! I never seem to have enough birthday cards in my stash for the family and friends I need them for so I have challenged myself to make at least one birthday card a month. We are almost at the end of January and I haven't made one yet so I am sharing a clean and simple (CAS) birthday card featuring "Willow" from High Hopes Rubber Stamps.  


                                                                                           

After colouring Willow with Copic markers, I hand fussy cut her leaving a thin white edge and set her aside. Next, I gathered the items I would need to create the background for my clean and simple card.
I cut a white piece of card stock to fit my 5.5" x 5.5" card base, took a circle die, centered it and taped it down with removable post it tape. Then I pulled out some Distress inks (listed below) and some die cut clouds. I taped the clouds in place with a removable tape and then ink blended the sky and grass. 
Next, I masked off the part of the sentiment I didn't want to stamp and stamped the sentiment directly on the card base. I always hold my breath when I do this! 
To finish off the card I glued down the stamp. 

Card Details
Stamps - Willow (TDG031) - High Hopes Rubber Stamps
Sentiment - Pirates Birthday (F147)

Memento Tuxedo Black ink, Hammermill Digital Cover Card Stock, Mowed Lawn, Tumbled Glass and Mermaid Lagoo Distress inks, cloud die - Your Next Stamp, circle die 

Copic Markers
Skin - E11 E21 E11 
Dress - R81 R83 R85 
Flowers - Y11 Y15 Y35 Y17
Leaves/Grass - YG01 YG03 YG17
Hair - C3 C5 C7 C9
Shading - C1 C2
Butterfly - R81 R83 R85 E34

Thanks for stopping by! Have a super fantastic day!










No comments: