Thursday, January 19, 2023

It's Time

   I have a lot of "men" in my life that I need cards for. One of those men is my younger brother who got a new "toy" last year. He doesn't drive it a whole lot but it has a ton of horse power and when he took me for a ride it didn't take much to set me back in the seat.......I loved it!!! This new car opened up an opportunity for my brother and nephew to go to a driving school to learn exactly what the car is capable of. They were just there last week so I haven't heard how things went....but there have been a video and photos posted and it looked like they had an amazing time. 

The new car and the opportunity it has brought to my brother were the inspiration for my card featuring "Sports Car 1" from High Hopes Rubber Stamps. I am sure that last week was just the beginning of a number of adventures! 


                                                                                                                

I decided to do a mini slim line style card because I really wanted to use my licence plate die with this car. I measured the die, cut a card base and rounded the corners with a corner rounder. I set that aside, stamped the car, coloured it with Copic markers and hand fussy cut it. I wanted to have a racing theme for my card so I used patterned paper from the Cartopia pad from Carta Bella.
 
I had the 6x6 paper pad and a 12x12 piece so I cut some of the flags out of the larger paper to put in the bottom corner. I cut three black strips of paper, trimmed off the end to put under the car to "ground" it and glued the car on top. All the paper edges are inked with Black Soot Distress ink and I finished off the card with a stamped sentiment in the corner. 
I will probably give this to my brother or nephew for their birthday so will stamp a Happy Birthday sentiment inside before I give it to one of them...shhhh. 

Card Details
Stamps - Sports Car 1 (SS048) - High Hopes Rubber Stamps
Sentiment - New Adventure (GG038)
Patterned Paper - Cartopia - Carta Bella

Memento Tuxedo Black ink, Hammermill Digital Cover Card Stock, Black Soot Distress ink, licence plate die - Quickutz

Copic Markers
Tires -  N4 N5 N8 N10 C1 C2 C4 C5 R27
Car - R24 R27 E08
Headlights - Y11 Y21 YR21
Grill - C1 C2 C4 C5

Thanks for stopping by! Have a super fantastic day!





No comments: