Wednesday, June 17, 2020

Buddy's Surprize!!

It’s Wednesday, and this week, I made a birthday card using Buddy Bear's Surprise - S193 (High Hopes Rubber Stamps) for the main image and Shhh Party! - H038 (High Hopes Rubber Stamps) for the sentiment. Buddy is not very good at keeping secrets though or spelling! LOL! He is however, ready to bring you presents and party on!


To make my card this week, I started off with a card base of 5.5" x 4.25".  I love this background party paper by Echo Park called "It's Your Birthday". I cut it the same size as the base card and then used 2-sided tape to attach it to the base. Then I inked around the entire outside edges of the card with Tim Holtz Distress Ink - Wilted Violet.

I used My Creative Time - Stitched Squares Inside and Out to cut some Copic Marker X-Press It Blending Card. Then I used my MISTI and Memento - Tuxedo Black Ink to stamp the image. I coloured in the main image with Copic markers. I stamped the sentiment onto some yellow cardstock with Memento - Tuxedo Black ink and then used Your Next Stamp - Stitched Rectangle Die Set to die cut it out. Next, I ran both my image and sentiment through the Xyron Creative Station to turn them both into stickers. I applied both of these to some Violet cardstock and trimmed a small border. Lastly, I popped up both the image and the sentiment using 3M VHB - 2 sided tape.

Card Recipe:

Stamp:  Buddy Bear's Surprise - S193  (High Hopes Rubber Stamps)
Sentiment: Shhh Party! - H038 (High Hopes Rubber Stamps)
Inks: Memento - Tuxedo Black, Tim Holtz Distress Ink - Wilted Violet
Paper: Copic Marker X-Press It Blending Card, Echo Park - It's Your Birthday (6"x6" Double-Sided)
Die Cuts: My Creative Time - Stitched Squares Inside and Out, Your Next Stamp - Stitched Rectangle Die Set (YNSD214)
Tools: MISTI - Most Incredible Stamping Tool, 3M VHB - 2 sided tape, Xyron Creative Station

Image coloured with Copic Markers:

Bear: E29, E27, E25, E23, R22, R20, R00, R14
Banner and Bow: BG18, BG13, BG11, Y00
Hat: V09, V06, V04, Y19, Y11
Present: BV04, BV02, BV00, Y38, Y19, Y11, YR16, YR15
Flowers and Leaves: G07, YG13, RV22, RV23, RV21,
Grass: YG17, YG13, YG03, YG01
Sky: B01, B00, B000, B0000

Hope you like it and have a fantastic week!

You can find lots of inspiration from the Design Team Divas at the High Hopes blog, and the High Hopes Rubber Stamps Facebook Fan page plus you can also follow us on
Instagram, Twitter and Pinterest.




No comments: