Wednesday, June 3, 2020

Happy Bird Day!

It’s Wednesday, and this week, I used Party Girl Florence - S098 (High Hopes Rubber Stamps) for the main image and Happy Bird Day - F098 (High Hopes Rubber Stamps) for the sentiment. Florence is all dolled up and ready for a Bird Day party! She's the centre of attention with all of her bling, balloons, party hat and musical whistle. She's also has some fancy moves in store for the Flamingo party dance! LOL!


To make my card this week, I started off with a white card base of 6" x 6". For the background paper, I used Forever in Time - Flamingo - Perfect Prints. I coloured the little party hats onto the Flamingos using PrismaColor Premier Pencils. Then I added some white pearls around their necks with Sharpie Water Based Paint - White - Extra Fine Point. Lastly, I edged around the paper with Tim Holtz Distress Ink - Cracked Pistachio.

I used my Cuttlebug and My Creative Time - More Stitched Circles MCT-D136 to die cut Copic Marker X-Press It Blending Card Stock and then my MISTI and Memento - Tuxedo Black ink to stamp the image. I coloured in the image with Copic markers and then used Lifestyle Crafts Cutting Dies - Nesting Circles to cut out the pink and aqua circles. I ran the coloured image through a Xyron Creative Station to make it into a sticker and then mounted it onto the pink cardstock. Then I popped up this piece and the aqua circle with 3M VHB - 2 sided tape. I went around the edge of the pink circle with Hibiscus - Stickles and used Crystal - Stickles for the necklace around Florence's neck.

I stamped the sentiment onto Yellow cardstock and the ran it through my Xyron Create a Sticker. I mounted that onto some pink cardstock and then popped up this piece and the aqua cardstock with 3M VHB - 2 sided tape. I went around the pink cardstock with Hibiscus Stickles. To finish off the card, I added some Crafts - pop dots.

Card Recipe:

Stamp:  Party Girl Florence - S098  (High Hopes Rubber Stamps)
Sentiment: Happy Bird Day - F098 (High Hopes Rubber Stamps)
Inks: Memento - Tuxedo Black, Tim Holtz Distress Ink - Cracked Pistachio
Paper: Copic Marker X-Press It Blending Card, Forever in Time - Flamingo - Perfect Prints (6"x6"\15cmx15cm)
Die Cuts: Lifestyle Crafts Cutting Dies - Nesting Circles, My Creative Time - More Stitched Circles
Tools: MISTI - Most Incredible Stamping Tool, Cuttlebug, 3M VHB - 2 sided tape, Xyron Creative Station, Xyron Create a Sticker, Sharpie Water Based Paint - White - Extra Fine Point, Hibiscus - Stickles, Crystal - Stickles, Crafts - Pop Dots

Image coloured with Copic Markers:

Flamingo: RV09, RV06, RV04, RV00, RV000, C5, C8, PrismaColor Premier White Pencil
Balloons: RV19, RV17, RV09, RV000, Y15, Y08, Y04, Y00, PrismaColor Premier White Pencil
Hat: B29, B26, B16
Hats on Background Paper: PrismaColor Premier Pencils - PC905 (Aquamarine), PC1006 (Parrot Green), PC1002 (Yellowed Orange), PC994 (Process Red)
Water and Sky: BG13, BG11, BG10, BG01, B01, B00, B000, B0000

Hope you like it and have a fantastic week!

You can find lots of inspiration from the Design Team Divas at the High Hopes blog, and the High Hopes Rubber Stamps Facebook Fan page plus you can also follow us on
Instagram, Twitter and Pinterest.






No comments: