Wednesday, June 10, 2020

Hang in There!

It’s Wednesday, and this week, I thought I'd make an inspirational card to share with you using Raggedy Ann-ouncement - R044 (High Hopes Rubber Stamps) for the main image and Hang In There - D278 (High Hopes Rubber Stamps) for the sentiment.


To make my card this week, I started off with a card base of 5.5" x 4.25".  I created the background on Hammermill - Premium Colour cardstock using various stencils, Picket Fence Studio Blender Brushes and Tim Holtz inks which I have listed below. I thought the sun rays reflected a ray of hope for everyone and I hope that we will all be seeing better days soon. Once the background was finished, I used 2 sided tape and mounted it onto the base card.

I stamped the image  and sentiment onto Copic Marker X-Press It Blending Card and coloured in the main image with Copic markers. I ran the coloured image through my Brother Scan and Cut to create a slim border around it and then went around the edges with Y06 - Yellow and YG25 - Celadon Green to make it blend into the background. Lastly, I popped up the image using 3M VHB - 2 sided tape and created a small shadow below Raggedy Ann.

Card Recipe:

Stamp:  Raggedy Ann-ouncement - R044  (High Hopes Rubber Stamps)
Sentiment: Hang In There - D278 (High Hopes Rubber Stamps)
Inks: Memento - Tuxedo Black, Tim Holtz Distress Ink - Squeezed Lemonade, Tim Holtz Distress Ink - Mustard Seed, Tim Holtz Distress Ink - Mowed Lawn, Tim Holtz Distress Ink - Crushed Olive, Tim Holtz Distress Inks - Peeled Paint
Paper: Copic Marker X-Press It Blending Card, Hammermill - Premium Colour 100 lb.
Stencil: Kraftin' Kimmie - Starburst, Lawn Fawn - Lawn Cut dies (Made into Stencil), Kraftin' Kimmie - Krafty Scenery 2
Tools: MISTI - Most Incredible Stamping Tool, 3M VHB - 2 sided tape, Picket Fence Studio Blender Brushes

Image coloured with Copic Markers:

Skin: E21, E11, E04, E00, E000, R22, R20
Hair: R35, R17, R14, R08
Dress: R59, R37, R35
Patch: B52, B41, B12
Apron and Socks: C-2, C-1, C-0
Shoes: C10, C8, C5, C3
Sign: E37, E35, E33, E31, E30
Shadow below feet: YG25, YG06, YG03

Hope you like it and have a fantastic week!

You can find lots of inspiration from the Design Team Divas at the High Hopes blog, and the High Hopes Rubber Stamps Facebook Fan page plus you can also follow us on
Instagram, Twitter and Pinterest.





No comments: