Wednesday, June 24, 2020

Happy Birthday To Ye!

It’s Wednesday, and this week, I used Peg Leg Pete - R088 (High Hopes Rubber Stamps) for the main image and Pirates Birthday - F147 (High Hopes Rubber Stamps) for the sentiment. Peg Leg Pete is showing off his map of previous adventures from his pirating days around the Caribbean. He's gathered quite a treasure of findings. But, when you are a pirate, there is always more places and ships out there to plunder. LOL!


To make my card this week, I used Scrapberry's - The Pirate's Treasure (6x6 Paper Collection) paper for the main background which fit onto a card base of 6" x 6" perfectly.

I stamped the image onto Copic Marker X-Press It Blending Cardstock and then coloured it in with Copic markers. Next, I fussy cut around the entire image and used a black marker to go around all of the edges.

To create the look of a ship in the background, I cut 2 small pieces of paper from Joy Crafts - Wood Texture and Joy Crafts Tough Textures miniature 4 x 9 designs. Then I joined them both together using 2-sided tape. Next, I ran both pieces through my Cuttlebug using My Creative Time - More Stitched Circles die cut. I popped up both the image and the small half circle background with 3M VHB - 2 sided tape and placed it in the centre of the card.

Once again, I used my MISTI and Memento - Tuxedo Black ink for the sentiment. I taped down the sentiment onto some scrap red cardstock and bumped it up on the card with 3M VHB - 2 sided tape. Lastly, to finish it off, I went around the entire outer edges with Tim Holtz Distress Ink - Rusty Hinge and added a few Kraftin Kimmie - Seashore Dots.

Card Recipe:

Stamp:  Peg Leg Pete - R088  (High Hopes Rubber Stamps)
Sentiment: Pirates Birthday - F147 (High Hopes Rubber Stamps)
Inks: Memento - Tuxedo Black, Tim Holtz Distress Ink - Rusty Hinge
Paper: Copic Marker X-Press It Blending Card, Scrapberry's - The Pirate's Treasure (6x6 Paper Collection), Joy Crafts - Artist Trading Card - Wood Texture (2-3/8x3-3/8" - 85mm x 60mm) and Joy Crafts - Artist Trading Card - Tough Textures (2-3/8x3-3/8" - 85mm x 60mm))
Die Cuts: My Creative Time - More Stitched Circles
Tools: MISTI - Most Incredible Stamping Tool, Cuttlebug, 3M VHB - 2 sided tape, Kraftin Kimmie - Seashore Dots

Image coloured with Copic Markers:

Skin: E21, E11, E04, E00, E000, R22, R20
Hair: E29, E25, E23
Hat: B99, B69, B66
Coat: B99, B69, B66, R59, R37, R35
Shirt and Vest: E35, E33, E31, C2, C1, C0, Colorless Blender
Socks: E33, E31
Shoe and Sash: C8, C6, C4
Sword: C3, C2, C1
Hope you like it and have a fantastic week!

You can find lots of inspiration from the Design Team Divas at the High Hopes blog, and the High Hopes Rubber Stamps Facebook Fan page plus you can also follow us on
Instagram, Twitter and Pinterest.



No comments: