Wednesday, March 3, 2021

Come To Save The Day!

 It’s Wednesday, and this week using High Hopes Stamps, I made a slim line card using  Sir Dustin - T177Jousting Dragon - S221 and Castle - R092 images and Here I Come.... - F248 for the sentiment. I love fantasy and dragons and thought these images were so much fun to play with.


I made my slim line card using Hammermill - Premium Colour 100 lb. cardstock for my base folded at 4" x 9".

I stamped the images and sentiment using Memento - Tuxedo Black using my MISTI onto Copic Marker X-Press It Blending Card. I die cut the Copic paper with PinkFresh Studio - Essential Slim Cuts to use for the background. I decided to stamp the castle and sentiment directly onto the background. The other 2 images were stamped separately and then I used my Brother Scan and Cut to cut around them and fussy cut where they still had some white around the images.

I coloured in the Castle - R092 using Royal Blue colours for the flags, the same as Sir Dustin - T177 who I coloured in as the Blue Knight. I added some extra bricks onto the castle to give it some more texture. Using Tim Holtz Distress Ink - Salty Ocean and Avery Elle - Pierced Clouds Die stencils that I made using the die cuts, I coloured in the sky. To give some texture to the grass, I first used a mixture of Tim Holtz Distress Ink - Crushed Olive and Tim Holtz Distress Ink - Mowed Lawn. Then I enhanced the colours using my Copic markers. I added some glue onto the back of the coloured image and attached it directly to the base card.


Sir Dustin - T177 was coloured in with Copic Markers and then I used a black marker to go around the entire image. This was popped up using 3M VHB - 2 sided tape to the background. I used Royal Blues for his outfit and Royal Purples and gold for his dragon.



Lastly, I coloured in Jousting Dragon - S221 as the Red Knight with Copic Markers and then I went around the image with a black marker. I decided to make him the Red Knight and added a "D" to his shield for "Dragon". LOL! The image was popped up with 3M VHB - 2 sided tape to complete the card.


Card Recipe:

Stamps: Sir Dustin - T177 (High Hopes Rubber Stamps), Jousting Dragon - S221 (High Hopes Rubber Stamps), Castle - R092 (High Hopes Rubber Stamps)

Sentiment: Here I Come... - F248 (High Hopes Rubber Stamps)

Inks: Memento - Tuxedo Black, Tim Holtz Distress Ink - Salty Ocean, Tim Holtz Distress Ink - Crushed Olive, Tim Holtz Distress Ink - Mowed Lawn

Paper: Copic Marker X-Press It Blending Card, Hammermill - Premium Colour 100 lb.

Die Cuts: Avery Elle - Custom Steel Dies - Made in the USA - D-05-01 PiercedCloudsDie, PinkFresh Studio - Essential Slim Cuts

Tools: MISTI - Most Incredible Stamping Tool, Cuttlebug, 3M VHB - 2 sided tape, Xyron Create a Sticker

Images coloured with Copic Markers:

Armour, Sword and Lance: C7, C5, C3, C2, C1, E29, E25, E23

Eyes - Sakura Glaze - Black, Gelly Roll Sakura #8 Pen

Knight With Dragon:

Skin: E21, E11, E04, E00, E000, R22, R20

Pants: YG67, YG63, YG61

Shirt, Plume, Shoes: B37, B14, B12

Dragon: YR23, Y15, Y11, Y00, BV08, BV000, V17, V15

Jousting Dragon:

Body: G94, G85, G46, G43, BV04, BV02, BV000

Plume, Gloves, Shoes and Tops of Armour: Y17, Y15, Y11, C2, R39, R37, R24

Flag and Pole: E23, C1, C0, C00, Colorless Blender

Castle: C5, C3, C1, C0, B37, B14, B12, B000, Y08, E25, E23, E21

Shrubs and Trees: YG97, YG95, YG23

Grass: YG17, YG13, YG03, YG01

Hope you like it and have a fantastic week!

You can find lots of inspiration from the Design Team Divas at the High Hopes blog, and the High Hopes Rubber Stamps Facebook Fan page plus you can also follow us on
Instagram, Twitter and Pinterest.



No comments: