Wednesday, November 27, 2019

Gingerbread Dreams!

It’s Wednesday, and this month at High Hopes Rubber Stamps we are celebrating Christmas. YAY!!!  This week, I used Gingerbread House (S159) (High Hopes Rubber Stamps) and Gingerbread Dreams (E061) (High Hopes Rubber Stamps) for the sentiment.


To make this card I stamped the Gingerbread House image onto Copic Marker X-Press It Blending Card using Memento - Tuxedo Black ink and my MISTI - Most Incredible Stamping Tool in order to give me a nice crisp image. I coloured in the image with a little guidance from Kit and Clowder's Gingerbread house video created by Alyce. For the snow and candies, you can't see it in this photo, but I used Spectrum Noir - Crystal Clear Sparkles. Once I finished colouring in the image, I fussy cut around it. I also stamped out the sentiment and fussy cut around that as well.

Next I used the Gingerbread Chain punch from Creative Memories to cut out my little gingerbread men and then used Gelly Roll Sakura #10 Pen to create the icing and a dab of Copic Marker #29 for the cheeks.

For the assembly of the card, I used 6" x 6" AC Autumn Cardstock for the base. I had a piece of Hot Buy Craft Smart - Holiday Glitz Glitter Paper from a previous project that I had worked on and layered this on top of the Gingerbread men paper from Doodlebug Design Inc. - Milk and Cookies.
Lastly I used 3M VHB - 2 sided tape to pop up all of the images and sentiment. I added in the little red embellishments to represent the little gingerbreads dreaming of their wonderful gingerbread house. LOL!

Card Recipe:

Stamp: Gingerbread House (S159) (High Hopes Rubber Stamps)

Sentiment: Gingerbread Dreams (E061) (High Hopes Rubber Stamps)

Inks: Memento - Tuxedo Black

Paper: Copic Marker X-Press It Blending Card, Hot Buy Craft Smart - Holiday Glitz Glitter Paper 12" x 12", AC Autumn Cardstock 12" x 12", Doodlebug Design Inc. - Milk and Cookies 6" x 6".

Tools: MISTI - Most Incredible Stamping Tool, Cuttlebug, Spectrum Noir - Sparkles - Crystal Clear, Gelly Roll Sakura #8 Pen, Creative Memories - Gingerbread Chain Border Maker Cartridge

Image coloured with Copic Markers:

Gingerbread House: E37, E35, E33, E31, Y21

Icing and Snow: BV31, BV1, BV000

Red: R29, R27, R24, R22

Green: G29, G07, G05

Yellow: E15, Y38, Y35, Y11

Orange: E15, YR18, YR15, YR12

Hope you like it and have a fantastic week!
You can find lots of inspiration from the Design Team Divas at the High Hopes blog, and the High Hopes Rubber Stamps Facebook Fan page plus you can also follow us on
Instagram, Twitter and Pinterest.







No comments: