Wednesday, May 12, 2021

Create Sunshine!!!

 It’s Wednesday, and this week, I made a card using Goat Your Back - TT137 by High Hopes Rubber Stamps for the main image and Somedays - GG024 (High Hopes Rubber Stamps) for the sentiment. This momma goat and her babes are out enjoying the warmer weather. Spring is finally here! We just planted our flowers this past weekend, or I should say, I helped pick them out and my husband actually did the planting. He has a green thumb. I definitely don't. LOL!

To make my card this week, I started with a base of 6" x 6" using AC White Cardstock. I cut Bo Bunny - Sweet Moments Divine paper to be the same size as the base card and then inked around the edges with Tim Holtz Distress Ink - Crushed Olive. I attached this directly to the base using double-sided tape. Using Doodlebug Design Inc. - Spring Solid Assortment paper, I die cut the yellow rectangle, large green rectangle and small green rectangle using My Creative Time - Rectangle Frame Dies and My Creative Time - Rectangle Frame Layers. The edges were inked with Tim Holtz Distress Ink - Crushed Olive and Tim Holtz Distress Ink - Fossilized Amber. The same dies were also used to die cut Copic Marker X-Press It Blending Card for the main image. Gina Marie Designs - Nested Scalloped Stitched Rectangles were used to die cut Recollections - Petite Floral paper. The edges of this die cut were inked with Tim Holtz Distress Ink - Scattered Straw.

I stamped my image using my MISTI and Memento - Tuxedo Black ink onto the Copic Marker X-Press It Blending Card die cut. I coloured in the image and background using Copic markers. The sentiment was stamped onto white cardstock using my MISTI and Memento - Tuxedo Black ink. I used my small cutter to cut around the sentiment and inked it with Tim Holtz Distress Ink - Crushed Olive. I die cut the sun and clouds using Copic Marker X-Press It Blending cardstock and Nellie's Choice - Nature Scene Dies - NSD002 - Sky. I coloured these with Copic markers. I added 3M VHB - 2 sided tape to the back of 1 cloud and the sun and attached them to the main image. The other cloud was attached using glue and tucked under the sun.

The card was now ready to assemble. I attached the large green rectangle to the patterned paper base with 3M VHB - 2 sided tape. The main image and yellow rectangle were attached to the large scalloped rectangle using glue. Then the scalloped rectangle was attached to the large green rectangle with 3M VHB - 2 sided tape. I attached the sentiment to the smaller green rectangle and popped it up using 3M VHB - 2 sided tape. To finish off the card I used a few pop dots and some yellow flowers.

Card Recipe:

Stamp: Goat Your Back - TT137 (High Hopes Rubber Stamps)

Sentiment: Somedays - GG024 (High Hopes Rubber Stamps)

Inks: Memento - Tuxedo Black, Tim Holtz Distress Inks: Scattered Straw, Crushed Olive, Fossilized Amber

Paper: Copic Marker X-Press It Blending Card, Recollections - Petite Floral - 12 x 12" (30.4 x 30.4 cm), Doodlebug Design Inc. - Spring Solid Assortment (12" x 12"), Bo Bunny - Sweet Moments Divine - 12 x 12 in., AC Cardstock - White

Die Cuts: Gina Marie Designs - Nested Scalloped Stitched Rectangles, My Creative Time - Rectangle Frame Dies, My Creative Time - Rectangle Frame Layers, Nellie's Choice - Nature Scene Dies - NSD002 - Sky

Tools \ Miscellaneous: MISTI - Most Incredible Stamping Tool, 3M VHB - 2 sided tape, Dodz Small - Adhesive Dots, Flowers, Pop-dots

Image coloured with Copic Markers:

Goats: E53, E51, E50, E35, E34, E33, E31, E30, C5, C3, C1, C0, C00, R30, R27, R20, R14, Y38, Y35, Y17, Y08, Colorless Blender, (Eyes and Nose - Sakura Glaze - Black, Gelly Roll Sakura #5 Pen)

Grass: YG17, YG13, YG03, YG01

Sky: B02, B01, B00, B000, B0000

Clouds: B60, C00, Colorless Blender

Sun: Y19, Y18, Y17

Check out some other fun new stamps from High Hopes Rubber Stamps
Furry and Friends Release

Hope you like it and have a fantastic week!

You can find lots of inspiration from the Design Team Divas at the High Hopes blog, and the High Hopes Rubber Stamps Facebook Fan page plus you can also follow us on
Instagram, Twitter and Pinterest.



No comments: