Wednesday, May 26, 2021

Hearts Warm!!!

 It’s Wednesday, and this week, I made a card using Toasting Marshmallows - T026 by High Hopes Rubber Stamps for the main image and Hearts Warm - G063 (High Hopes Rubber Stamps) for the sentiment. This image brings back so many memories of going camping and sitting around the campfire roasting marshmallows. I gave my image coloured marshmallows, because growing up they were always my favourite! LOL!


To make my card this week, I started with a base of 6" x 6" using Recollections - Black cardstock. I taped Echo Park - Star Stencil on top of the cardstock and applied several Cosmic Shimmer - Opal Blaze Polishes using a spatula to create the nice starry background. I wanted my scene to look like the friends were in the woods, so I die cut some trees of various sizes using Nellie's Choice - Nature Scene Dies - NSD001 - Mountains and Momenta - Cardstock. Once I die cut the trees, I added some Tim Holtz Distress Ink - Forest Moss and Tim Holtz Distress Inks - Peeled Paint to add some more colour to them. Then, I ran the trees through my Xyron Create a Sticker to make it easier to apply them later. I felt the scene also needed a moon, so I die cut one using Nellie's Choice - Nature Scene Dies - NSD002 - Sky and then coloured it in and added 3M VHB - 2 sided tape to the back of it and set everything aside.

I stamped my image and sentiment using my MISTI and Memento - Tuxedo Black ink onto Copic Marker X-Press It Blending Cardstock. I fussy cut around the top part of the image and then used a ruler to know where to cut the remainder of the bottom piece with my cutter. I coloured in the image using Copic markers and then used a black marker to go around all of the fussy cut part of the image and Copic marker - YG67 was used to go around the edges of the grassy area. For the sentiment, I used My Creative Time - Rectangle Frame Dies and My Creative Time - Rectangle Frame Layers to cut out the sentiment and background layer. I ran the sentiment through my Xyron Create a Sticker and applied it directly to the outer frame.

My card was now ready to assemble. I first adhered my starry background to a card base of AC - White cardstock sized at 6" x 6" using double-sided tape. Then, I used my coloured image to help me with the placement of where the trees would go. Since, I had already made stickers out of my trees, this was a fairly easy process. Once I was satisfied with their positioning, I applied 3M VHB - 2 sided tape, to the back of the coloured image and sentiment frame and attached them directly to the base card. Lastly, I attached the moon to complete the scene.

Card Recipe:

Stamp: Toasting Marshmallows - T026 (High Hopes Rubber Stamps)

Sentiment: Hearts Warm - G063 (High Hopes Rubber Stamps)

Inks: Memento - Tuxedo Black, Tim Holtz Distress Inks - Peeled Paint, Tim Holtz Distress Ink - Forest Moss

Paper: Copic Marker X-Press It Blending Card, Recollections - Black Cardstock, AC Cardstock - White, Momenta - Cardstock

Die Cuts: Nellie's Choice - Nature Scene Dies - NSD001 - Mountains, Nellie's Choice - Nature Scene Dies - NSD002 - Sky, My Creative Time - Rectangle Frame Dies, My Creative Time - Rectangle Frame Layers

Stencil: Echo Park - Star Stencil (6" x 6")

Cosmic Shimmer: Opal Blaze Polish - Sapphire Grape, Sunset Orange, Pink Blueberry, Turquoise Peach

Tools Miscellaneous: MISTI - Most Incredible Stamping Tool, Xyron Create a Sticker, Cuttlebug, Spatula

Image coloured with Copic Markers:

Beaver: E99, E97, E11, E07, (Eyes - Sakura Glaze - Black)

Moose: E53, E51, E50, E35, E34, E33, E31, R30, R20, Colorless Blender, (Eyes - Sakura Glaze - Black)

Bear: E53, E51, E50, E47, E44, E43, E42, (Eyes and Nose - Sakura Glaze - Black)

Skunk: C10, T6, T4, C1, C00, R30, R20, Colorless Blender, (Eyes and Nose - Sakura Glaze - Black)

Logs: E29, E27, E25, E23, E21

Marshmallows: YR00, R30, G20, Y11

Fire and Glow: YR09, YR04, Y08, Y02, Y00

Grass: YG67, YG63, YG45, YG17, YG13, YG03, YG01

Moon: BV20, C1, C00, Y000, Colorless Blender

Hope you like it and have a fantastic week!

You can find lots of inspiration from the Design Team Divas at the High Hopes blog, and the High Hopes Rubber Stamps Facebook Fan page plus you can also follow us on
Instagram, Twitter and Pinterest.



No comments: