Wednesday, May 19, 2021

Just Bee-Cause!!!

 It’s Wednesday, and this week, I made a card using Hunny Bear - Q021 by High Hopes Rubber Stamps for the main image and Just Bee Cause - G055 (High Hopes Rubber Stamps) for the sentiment. This little bear really loves his honey and so do I. We always went to the local farms or farmer's market when it was open to buy pure unpasteurized honey. Now during Covid, we purchase it from the stores that they supply. Honey goes so well with tea too and has so many fantastic health benefits! Yum! Yum! So good! LOL!


To make my card this week, I started with a base of 5.5" x 4.25" using Hammermill - Premium Colour 100 lb. paper. Using a Picket Fence - Blending Brush I created the background using Tim Holtz Distress Inks: Fossilized Amber, Mustard Seed, Scattered Straw and Wild Honey. I cut 2 pieces of golden yellow cardstock and put them through my Xyron Creative Station to make them into stickers. Then, I ran them through my Cuttlebug using Memory Box - Honeycomb Corner die. This made it very easy to adhere the die cuts to the base card. Using Copic Marker X-Press It Blending Card, and my Cuttlebug, I die cut the bee-hive with Memory Box - Honey Bee Skep die. I used Copic Markers to colour the die cut and then using a small piece of Scotch Tape, I put the door back into place. Then I used 3M VHB - 2 sided tape to pop it up onto the base of the card.

I stamped my image using my MISTI and Memento - Tuxedo Black ink onto Copic Marker X-Press It Blending Cardstock and the sentiment onto Yellow Cardstock. I coloured in the image using Copic markers and then fussy cut around it. I used a black marker to go around all of the edges of the coloured image. Using my cutter, I cut around the sentiment and then ink around all of the edges using Tim Holtz Distress Ink - Wild Honey. Using 3M VHB - 2 sided tape, I attached the coloured image and sentiment to the base. Then I used, Copics Y17 and Y15 to create a shadow below the bee-hive and image.

To finish off the card I assembled some of the small die-cut pieces from the honeycomb in various parts of my card and added some little bees using Buttons Galore & More - Sprinkletz Embellishments - Bumble Bees. Also, I added some Ranger Glossy Accents to the honey seeping over the lid of the jar.

Card Recipe:

Stamp: Hunny Bear - Q021 (High Hopes Rubber Stamps)

Sentiment: Just Bee Cause - G055 (High Hopes Rubber Stamps)

Inks: Memento - Tuxedo Black, Tim Holtz Distress Ink: Fossilized Amber, Mustard Seed, Scattered Straw and Wild Honey.

Paper: Copic Marker X-Press It Blending Card, Hammermill - Premium Colour 100 lb., Golden Yellow Cardstock

Die Cuts: Memory Box - Honeycomb Corner - Style No. 99448, Memory Box - Honey Bee Skep - Style No. 98491

Tools Miscellaneous: MISTI - Most Incredible Stamping Tool, Buttons Galore & More - Sprinkletz Embellishments - Bumble Bees - NK137, Ranger Glossy Accents, Picket Fence - Blending Brush, Xyron Creative Station, Cuttlebug

Image coloured with Copic Markers:

Bear: E49, E37, E35, E34, E33, E31, R24, Colorless Blender, (Eyes and Nose - Sakura Glaze - Black, Gelly Roll Sakura #5 Pen)

Outfit and Wings: Y17, Y15, Y11, Y00, YR21

Honey: Y38, Y35, Y18, Y17, YR21

Bee-Hive: Y38, Y35, Y17, Y15, Y08, Y06, Y04

Hope you like it and have a fantastic week!

You can find lots of inspiration from the Design Team Divas at the High Hopes blog, and the High Hopes Rubber Stamps Facebook Fan page plus you can also follow us on
Instagram, Twitter and Pinterest.



No comments: