Thursday, May 27, 2021

Welcome Spring

 Spring finally feels like it is here although last week felt more like summer with hot weather and humidity. I like spring because we usually get April showers and if we're lucky a rainbow and once May hits, I can plant some flowers that attract butterflies and bees. 

I decided to do a card celebrating a few of the things I love about spring and "Sting" and "Rainbow In Clouds" from High Hopes were perfect for me to create a scene with. I used a design originally shared by my fellow dt member and dear friend Cheri called a front stepper card (link below). It is a perfect design for this after a rain shower scene.





I stamped my stamps, coloured them with Copic markers and hand fussy cut them. I left a thin white edge around Sting and coloured and cut an extra cloud to go with the rainbow. Now to be honest here, I had a little mishap when I was cutting Sting out.....I cut off one of the raindrops by accident - yikes. I fixed it by taking a small piece of acetate, gluing it to the back of the flower and then gluing the raindrop on the other end. It is kind of a cool effect since the rain drop now looks like it is floating in mid air. I also added some sparkle pen to Sting's wings and the rainbow. 

 I set the coloured images aside and using Cheri's tutorial found here (front stepper card) I cut and scored my base pieces. 
Some gorgeous rainbow paper from Lawn Fawn was perfect for my theme so I cut the pieces to fit my design. I added some grass tufts to ground Sting so he didn't look like he was floating in mid air. 
Next some blue sky paper from Craft Consortium was cut to size and I added the rainbow in the clouds stamp and the extra cloud. I stamped and cut the sentiment to fit and added some glitter dots to finish off the card. 


Card Recipe 

Stamp: StingRainbow In Clouds - High Hopes Rubber Stamps

Sentiments: After The Rain - High Hopes Rubber Stamps

Patterned Paper - Really Rainbow - Lawn Fawn, Grunge Light Tones - Craft Consortium


Tuxedo Black Memento ink, Hammermill 100lb digital cover stock, clear Spectrum Sparkle pen, grass tufts die - YNS, glitter dots - Gina Marie Designs 


 Copic Markers:

Bee - N4 N5 N8 N10 Y13 Y08 Y26

Flower - Y11 Y15 Y17 Y28 BV000 BV00 BV01

Boots - E34 E35 E29 C1 C2 C4

Rainbow - BV01 B01 G12 Y15 Y17 R14

Waterdrops - B01 B02 B04

Stem - G12 G21 G46

Clouds - B01 B02



Thanks for stopping by! Have a super fantastic day!




No comments: