Thursday, May 13, 2021

Sweet Dreams

  We have had a few warm sunny days lately and it has made me think about afternoon naps in the warm sun. 

I personally have not gotten along well with hammocks in the past. I am not co-ordinated enough apparently to be able to get my body in them and keep it there. My attempts often end up with me landing on my butt on the ground - it is a sight to see and worthy of a comedy show should someone catch it on video.

If I could keep myself in one, I am sure I would look like this adorable ant on the "Sweet Dreams" stamp from High Hopes Rubber Stamps, snoozing and dreaming a little dream in the sun and hoping my dreams come true.



 
After stamping and colouring this cutie with alcohol markers, I cut him out using a slash stitched round corner die. Since I didn't have a die one larger then the one I used, I traced the outside of the die and hand cut it for a card stock piece to back it with. I combined three different lines of paper to create my design, stamped and cut the sentiment to size and mounted it on matching card stock. A simple bow and some enamel dots finish off my card. 

Card Recipe 

Stamp: Sweet Dreams - High Hopes Rubber Stamps

Sentiments: All Dreams Come True - High Hopes Rubber Stamps

Patterned Paper - Fall Perfectly Plaid - Lawn Fawn, Stampin' Up, Sweet Celebrations - MFT


Tuxedo Black Memento ink, Hammermill 100lb digital cover stock, slash stitched round corner square die - Gina Marie Designs, ribbon, enamel dots 


 Copic Markers:

Ant -E15 E17 E18 E29

Hooves - C1 C2 C4 C5

Plants - G21 G82 G24 G94

Flower, Hearts, Sandal - Y11 Y15 Y17 YR16

Ground -E34 E35




Thanks for stopping by! Have a super fantastic day!




No comments: